Step One… Where in the U.S. do we want to visit? What do we want to see? What do we want to do? We’ve already decided on Out West (when will we ever get back to Florida?). We need to get in good visits with Aunt Toad up in northern California and Cousin Linda out in southern California. So, it’s time to make a list. We’ll just start with California since we know that’s our farthest destination.
I say “we” because Benjamin is helping me plan this trip. It will help him earn his Traveler’s Badge in Cub Scouts. Besides, I shouldn’t have to be the only one planning these things.
Places we need to go in California:
- Crescent City, CA
to see Aunt Toad
- Los Angeles, CA
- Death Valley, CA
There is a buttload of dinosaur museums in Utah!
- Dinosaur National Monument, Dinosaur
- Eccles Dinosaur Park, Ogden
- The Museum of Natural History, Weber State University, Ogden
- Thanksgiving Point, Lehi
- Brigham Young University Earth Science Museum, Provo
- Fairview Museum of History and Art, Fairview
- Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum, Vernal
- The College of Eastern Utah (CEU) Prehistoric Museum, Price
- The Museum of the San Rafael, Castle Dale
- The Mill Canyon Dinosaur Trail, Moab
- Sauropod Dinosaur Tracksite, Moab
I used the Utah.com website for the dinosaur list.
And there’s other stuff like:
- Arches National Park
- Canyonlands National Park